Athletics is just one arena where our small-school status works to our advantage, both on and off the court. With a limited number of athletes, everyone gets an opportunity to play and improve their skills. We showcase those skills in competition with other class D and C schools in our area and around the State. We foster a tight knit community of fans, supporters, and athletes by challenging and encouraging each other to perform at their best.
Being a Bulldog is something we take seriously. It is a commitment that requires accountability but one that also strengthens confidence and teaches us how to be valuable assets of a community. For some students, MMHS sports programs are a way to express themselves and achieve success in a place other than the classroom. For those students, we believe that athletics can provide a path to optimal growth.
We champion student growth in athletics by upholding the following five core principles:
- Acheivement-We finish what we started and we do our best until the last whistle blows.
- Respect- We respect our teammates and coaches at all costs. Even when we don’t agree, we recognize we all must be pulling in the same direction.
- Preparation- We work diligently to prepare our game before we ever reach the court or field. We know our opponents and we know ourselves.
- Integrity- We wear the Bulldog with pride, acting as if someone where watching all the time. Our positive actions are contagious.
- Championship-We champion other student successes by attending sporting events and other school related activities. Through our actions, we communicate we are not a segmented community, but a school that supports the whole.