MMHS Detention Hall Rules
Assignment to Detention Hall is a form of discipline for inappropriate actions or choices. It is meant to assign responsibility for actions and choices as well as discourage individuals from repeating the same behaviors. The following rules will be enforced during Detention Hall:
- Detention Hall will be held on Tuesday of each week.
- Students assigned to Detention Hall will report no later than 2:30 p.m. and stay until 3:30 p.m.
- Students assigned to Detention Hall will lose their computer, cell phone, and electronic devices privilege while in detention. Computers will not be allowed even if they are needed to complete school work.
- Students must bring school work to Detention Hall.
- If students do not have any school work to bring to Detention Hall they should bring a book to read. If they don’t bring schoolwork or a book, one will be provided by the assigned teacher.
- Sleeping will not be allowed in Detention Hall.
- Students may not talk during Detention Hall. If students talk they may be assigned an additional detention by the assigned teacher.
- No food allowed in Detention Hall.
- No drinks, other than water, will be allowed in Detention Hall.
- Students who do not report to Detention Hall will be assigned an office detention with the Principal. In addition they may lose other privileges during the school day and/or extracurricular activities.
The Principal reserves the right to modify this list at any time. Written notice to students and staff will be given before any modification of the rules are implemented.